Check out a day in the life of a volunteer at the Food Bank!
Two Texas State University students made this great video about volunteering opportunities at the Food Bank. Thank you so much Ross and Aaron for the great work!
Volunteers are an integral part of our operation. In 2015, volunteers donated nearly 18,000 hours of time to us.
Volunteer Shifts Typically Available
A photo ID will be requested on your first day, so please make sure and have it ready to go. Volunteers will be able to schedule their own shifts after orientation has been completed. Depending on your interests and skills, you may want to volunteer in the front office, in the warehouse, at a public food distribution, or for a special project/event. You can read more about the different volunteer positions here.
- Volunteers who require verification of their service hours will need to bring any documentation provided by the appropriate institutions.
- If you will need a report verifying the time you have volunteered with the Hays County Food Bank, please provide us with 48 hours notice to produce your report.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will require the approval of the parent/guardian in the form of an additional acknowledgement form.
- Businesses may want to volunteer through the HOPE Program.
- Groups of students or adolescents may want to volunteer through the YEAH Program.
For more information about volunteering, please contact Holly Hood, Volunteer Services Manager, at 512-392-8300 Ext. 222.
You must have completed the Volunteer Application and Orientation before logging in.