|Job Title:||Client Services Specialist|
|Reports To:||Programs Director|
|Location:||Hays County Food Bank Office|
Under the direction of the Programs Director, the Client Services Specialist assists with client intake at all public food distributions held by Hays County Food Bank, trains and leads client intake volunteers, and maintains client records using Food Bank Manager (the client database for the organization).
Pay ranges from $15-$17 an hour.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages client intake using Food Bank Manager database.
- Facilitates client benefits sign up through the Community Partner Program- Health and Human Services Access.
- Guides clients to additional human services resources available in Hays County. ● Manages all client data collection and evaluation to ensure program success and milestones. ● Trains and leads client intake volunteers.
- Reviews/Updates client records bi-annually
- Meets client needs with compassion and dignity in a polite and helpful manner ● Handles complaints fairly and patiently/reports immediately to supervisor
- Creates monthly client reports
- Ensures that all food distribution and program policies are current and all required materials are displayed and implemented at public food distributions
- Ensures that electronics and marketing materials used for client intake are maintained and restocked
- Helps to identify future program needs
- Works closely with Operations & Facilities and Volunteer Services Coordinators to ensure smooth delivery of services throughout the community
- Other duties, as assigned
Work Schedule*: Flexible except for the hours below.
- Monday 12:00PM – 6:30PM
- Tuesday 10:00am – 4:00pm (negotiable)
- Wednesday 10:00am – 4:00pm (negotiable)
- Thursday 10:00am – 4:00pm (negotiable)
*Plus help with distributions, food sorting and food rescue, as needed for a total of up to 30 hours per week. Work schedule will vary and may include work on evenings, weekends, and holidays due to special events, inclement weather, and other special projects related to timely and accurate distribution of product.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have no traffic violations within the past 3 years.
- Bilingual preferred. (Spanish/English)
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Must communicate effectively (verbal and written) with employees/clients of the organization. ● Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time in a professional manner. ● Must be able to prioritize work and complete work in a timely fashion.
- Must be open minded about new work ideas and methods.
- Must be able to problem-solve on various issues as they relate to the Food Bank. ● Must be able to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications and Google Suite helpful, but not required. Working Conditions
- Workspace could be very dusty, and on occasions can be noisy.
- Will work outside and be exposed to the elements. Food distributions are conducted outside in response to COVID-19.
- Employees may be exposed to spoiled food and sharp objects due to working with damaged product.
- Work involves moving boxes and employees must lift, bend, stoop, pick up, and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit, type and work on a computer screen for long periods of time.
Download PDF version: HCFB Client Services Specialist (PT)